- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 JUS-Pastry Rols
- 250 g mushrooms chopped
- One large onion chopped (or two small onions)
- 2 Chicken breasts chopped
- Gravy granules
- 280ml Double cream
- Tablespoon flour
- One egg yolk
- Seasoning: Pinch of salt, pepper, or chili powder
- Cheese (optional)
- Roll out one pastry and fit it on to the oven proof tray. (Make sure there are no holes and the tray is fully covered).
- Heat the oil in the frying pan, add the chopped onions and mushrooms until softened. Add seasoning salt/chili powder/pepper (whatever you prefer). Remove from frying pan and place on a plate.
- Add chicken to the frying pan, cook until it turns white. When the chicken is white, add mushrooms and onions back into the frying pan and continue cooking.
- Boil water, place 3 teaspoons of gravy granules into the jug of boiling water, mix until thick. Add gravy into the frying pan, mix and leave to simmer.
- Add 250ml of double cream, the colour of the mixture should now be white/cream. Leave it to simmer.
- Add one tablespoon of plain flour as a thickening agent, mix thoroughly to prevent any clots.
- Continue to let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Pour mixture into the oven tray.
- Add cheese on top if you prefer.
- Roll out the second puff pastry to cover the tray. With a fork make a few holes on the pastry to allow air through.
- Break an egg into a bowl, brush egg yolk onto the top of the pastry, which will cause the pastry to turn golden brown when cooked.
- Place in the oven for about 25-30 minutes… Enjoy!